Everything You Need to Know to Get Started on Hopin
How to create interactive online events with a stage, sessions, networking, expos, chats, expos and more, using Hopin
Hi, there —
We’re getting a lot of demand right now so I wanted to put together a quick all-in-one resource to help new users get started organizing awesome online events on Hopin. This is originally from the Hopin blog but wanted to share here on Medium as well. Cheers.
Below you’ll find videos, docs, and links that will help you learn and master the Hopin platform.
If this is your first time hearing about Hopin, here’s a 90-second overview video:
With that, let’s get started.
The first thing to do is take a look at the attendee experience of a Hopin event via this live demo recording.
Next, let’s create an event.
To create a Hopin event, you need to create your Hopin account. A Hopin user account is your attendee profile to attend Hopin events, so you’ll need to create an Organiser Profile, too. An Organiser Profile allows you to create events as an organisation instead of an individual and allows you to add team members to help you manage the event.
To create an organiser profile and sign up to a paid plan, watch this tutorial video:
Once you have your Organiser Profile set up, here’s a more in-depth tutorial on how to create and publish a live Hopin event:
Of course, one of the core experiences of Hopin is having speakers at your event.
To help your speakers understand how Hopin works from their perspective, watch this tutorial:
You can also have exhibitor booths (for vendors, sponsors, etc.) at your Hopin event. Here’s a quick video of what the vendor experience is like:
- Check out this bullet point list of sponsor benefits you can offer at your live online event.
When you’re ready to really dive in and fully understand the ins and outs of Hopin, it’s time to read our user manual:
- Hopin User Manual. This is a 10,000-word resource that gets into the details of how Hopin works.
If you’re looking to share Hopin with your team, feel free to download our info deck here:
- “Hopin in Five Minutes” Info Deck (PDF DOWNLOAD)
Want to stay in the loop with Hopin news and events? Follow us on Twitter:
- Hopin Twitter Account. A good resource for announcements, events to attend, and other Hopin news.
One question we get a lot is, how much does Hopin cost?
- You can view our early access pricing plan in your Organiser Home >>> Billing tab. Here’s a video that shows where to find it.
- For one-off conferences with thousands of attendees, and/or if you have branding, customization, integration, or dedicated support requirements, our Hopin Pro plan is for you. Please go to hopin.to/demo to book a demo with a member of our team and get a quote.
What’s it like as an organizer? Hopin Case Study —
- Want to hear what it’s like to run a Hopin event from another organizer? Read this case study here — SheetsCon 2020: Lessons Learned Running An Online Conference For 6,700 People
- UPDATE: Visit Hopin’s new website with case studies.
Product screenshots and other brand resources:
- Want to see what Hopin looks like? View our Hopin Press Kit.
Lastly, Hopin’s mission
- We exist to help people create better connections for a better world. Read more about our mission here.
Thanks for reading.
Originally published at https://hopin.to.